Boston Defense Lawyers Handling Theft Crimes
Boston Theft Defense Lawyers
In Massachusetts, there are degrees of seriousness for theft offenses, depending on the amount stolen and prior convictions. Shoplifting may carry less serious punishment than other types of theft. Larceny is typically a more serious offense. If the value of goods alleged to have been stolen is greater than $250, then larceny is a felony.
Dedicated Defense Against All Theft Charges
Examples of theft offenses are:
- Check forgery
- White collar crimes/federal crimes
- Petty larceny (under $250)
- Grand larceny (over $250)
- Larceny by false pretense
- Larceny by scheme
- Being a common and notorious thief
- Conversion (when one person converts another person’s property to his or her own use — another legal term for stealing)
- Larceny by check
- Uttering (an attempt to cash a check or otherwise place it in circulation, and in so doing to implying that the check and the endorsement are both genuine)
- Receiving stolen property
- Auto theft or larceny of a motor vehicle
- Receiving stolen vehicles
A conviction for any type of theft offense may certainly adversely affect your future. Employers typically investigate potential job applicants by running a criminal record or “CORI” background check. A conviction for a theft offense would obviously weigh heavily on the mind of a prospective employer seeking someone who is reliable, dependable, trustworthy and honest. Depending on the seriousness of the allegations, you could be facing a potential prison sentence. If you are not a citizen of the United States, you could be deported. It is paramount to avoid a conviction for a theft crime.
Attorney Yannetti and his associates have been successfully handling theft-crime cases for many years, first as prosecutors and now as criminal defense attorneys. We provide top-quality representation to both adults and juveniles. Contact Attorney Yannetti and his associates today to discuss your rights, defenses, and potential outcomes to any case for which you are charged or are being investigated.
Call for a Free Consultation with A Theft Charges Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with check forgery or another criminal defense, seek qualified legal help. Contact our lawyers online or call 617-297-9213 for a free phone consultation.